Re: How can I get a memory map out of a core file?

Luis Machado wrote:

> Yes. Mainly giving the user the option to show exactly what we had
> in /proc/<pid>/maps right before the crash, so we know where things were
> in memory, like the heap, stack and some specific shared libraries'
> mappings.
>
> We currently can't do that. There's some information in the program
> headers from a core file, like the one below, that show us a bit of
> mapping-related information, but not enough so we can actually track
> them down to a shared library.

But shared library information should be available via
"info sharedlibrary" (which uses the in-memory data structures
allocated by ld.so, which are present in the core file) ...

What is the extra information /proc/<pid>/maps provides that
you're concerned about?

Bye,
Ulrich

--
  Dr. Ulrich Weigand
  GNU Toolchain for Linux on System z and Cell BE