RE: Who uses gdbreplay?

Hi,

I've tried to find information in the doc about gdbreplay without luck.
Really quickly, does gdbreplay, as its name suggest, allow to record an
re-run an application session?  Does it allow reverse debugging in some form?
And since this is part of gdbserver, I assume its functions are for a target system?

This very morning, I was asked if GDB had any kind of foundation for reverse
debugging on a target.  Is gdbreplay what I am looking for?

Thanks

Marc