gdb-python git repository

I've checked out the the code in the git repository repository as described
in the Wiki:

     git checkout --track -b python-revisited origin/python-revisited

but now if I do:

     cd mainline
     git pull

it asks for a passphrase and fails when I give it one, presumably because I'm
not registered for the project.

I just want to update to the changes, not push any back.  Is the repository set
up to do this anonymously (like pserver with CVS) or am I doing something
wrong?  It seems that it should work without passphrases otherwise I wouldn't
have been able to get the initial checkout.