Re: User-defined commands and thread/frame changes

Pedro Alves wrote:

> A Wednesday 18 June 2008 12:33:21, Vladimir Prus wrote:
>> We were discussion some issues with GDB console behaviour on Eclipse DSF
>> list, and I've realized I miss one bit of information. Does anybody know of
>> some concrete examples of reasonable user-defined commands that can change
>> the current thread or frame?
>>

> Can you point me at this discussion?

The mail where I wonder how common are such commands is:

        http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/dsdp-dd-dev/msg01456.html

> I know people use things like "up" or "frame" in breakpoint commands, to
> analyse the call site of a breakpoint hit and do proceed/resume/stop
> decisions on that.

Well, do breakpoint commands exactly count -- as in non-stop mode,
after we're done with breakpoint commands, the thread and frame are restored
to user-specified ones?

- Volodya