Re: gnulib dependency in gdbserver

> How are you configuring?  It sounds like you're trying to share an
> object directory (same as srcdir?) for configured gdb and gdbserver;

Actually, I was configuring from separate trees.

> instead, if you build them both in separate object directories, things
> will just work out.

I think I can see why things should work for most things (things such
as the generation of the reg-*.c files for instance), but I can't
figure out things should work for gnulib.

I found the pieces that tell configure to check for memmem and use
the one in memmem if the later is not found, but I haven't found
the bits that would configure gnulib. In particular, configuring
gnulib would allow me to get stdlib.h. Should the files generated
by the gnulib configure be stored in the gdbserver directory, btw?

Just as an aside, I noticed the following two rules which look
suspicious:

signals.o: ../signals/signals.c $(server_h)
        $(CC) -c $(CPPFLAGS) $(INTERNAL_CFLAGS) $< -DGDBSERVER

memmem.o: ../gnulib/memmem.c
        $(CC) -o memmem.o -c $(CPPFLAGS) $(INTERNAL_CFLAGS) $<

Should the ../[...] be relative to $(srcdir)? Surprisingly, it
seems to work, but I don't understand why...

--
Joel