Re: gdb / dbx / pstack question - getting function argument addresses from stack

> With that said, am I absolutely-totally-100% out of luck with being
> able to find function argument addresses? Or is there some way of
> doing this?

What I would suggest is that you take a look at the i386 ABI (the
document I have is named "SYSTEM V APPLICATION BINARY INTERFACE,
Intel386 Architecture Processor Supplement, Fourth Edition"), in
particular the section that explains how function calls are made.
You'll see where the arguments are.

That should give you an idea of some of the challenges that you'll have
to solve to provide something comparable on x86. I would say that this
is non-trivial if you want to make it work in the case of functions
that don't use the frame base pointer...

--
Joel