Encouraging patch reviewers

At the GCC summit we discussed patch review a bit, and one of the thoughts was that people who are not official maintainers of anything will often study a posted patch, and get a good idea of whether it's desirable, needs fixes, etc, but then maybe don't say anything because it won't be an "official" opinion. But it really does help to post such reviews, and quite likely a maintainer will simply rubberstamp it, saving time all around. So speaking up really helps, but in looking at gdb/MAINTAINERS I don't see anything that explicitly encourages people to post their own reviews - it just says "anyone [...] may suggest changes or ask questions". Does anybody think we need stronger phrasing here, and if so, how should it read?

Stan