Re: Notes on conversion to bugzilla

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 10:23 AM, Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com> wrote:
>>>>>> "Tom" == Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com> writes:
>
> Ping...

Sorry, this got shoved into my gdb label, which i only read a small time.

> Tom> The appended patch is what I think is needed for the gdb web pages.
>
> Could a gdb maintainer respond to this?  The patch is quite small.
>
> Tom> I don't know whether the output I have is directly insertable into the
> Tom> existing sourceware bugzilla.  I didn't look at the sourceware
> Tom> database scheme (I don't even know how to).  Dan, what would you like
> Tom> from me in order to do this?  I can send the SQL, the hacked
> Tom> gnatsparse.py, ...

This is tricky.
So, the output of gnatsparse matches what bugzilla's schema looked
like a few versions ago.
Bugzilla includes auto-upgrade scripts so you could take an old format
database and convert the schema
However, this won't work well with the already-existing databases.

You will have to update the script to output something that is the
same as the current schema.

If you look in my homedir on sourceware, there are a bunch of perl
scripts that contain the mysql password, and with that, you can dump
the current schema.

Once gnatsparse outputs things in the current schema, we just stop the
sourceware bugzilla for a few minutes, tell gnatsparse to start
numbering bugs at the last bug in the database (the bug number is
unique across all products), let it run, and then import that into
sql.

> Tom> From a glance on sourceware it looks like perhaps just using
> Tom> log_accum_bugzillified is enough, but I have not tested this.
> Tom> Dan, do you know?
>
> Dan?
Yes, this would work fine.