Re: Address spaces

>>> Doug Evans wrote:
>>>
>>> Do you have some specific ideas in mind? Because I was assuming (and this
>>> is good to be aware of) that there would not be more than one address space
>>> associated with a process. (Instantly split I/D targets a la D10V come to
>>> mind, although that was handled by distinguishing pointers from addresses.)

This would be useful for architectures which have large numbers of
configuration registers. These are not always mapped in the main address
space. They could conveniently be represented in a separate address
space. Examples include the OpenCores OpenRISC 1000 special purpose
registers and the ARC 600/700 auxiliary address space.

Jeremy Bennett
--
Tel:      +44 (1202) 416955
Cell:     +44 (7970) 676050