Re: Move GDB to C++ ?

On Friday 01 August 2008 15:46:25 Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> So do I, but what new places are we talking about?  Until now, I fail
> to see even a single direction in which someone would like to go,
> while the fact that GDB is written in C makes that hard.

I can think of a few directions that might be interesting:

  (1) a working, full featured MI interface,
  (2) integrated scripting,
  (3) performance improvements.
  (4) gdb-as-a-library.

The question whether they are hard "because it's C" is open:
You will say no, I say yes, simply because high level restructuring
is more painful in C than in reasonably C++.

AndrÃ