Re: Autogenerate gdbarch doc for internals manual

> Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 10:06:05 -0700
> From: Stan Shebs <stan@codesourcery.com>
>
> Undeterred by the stunning lack of response to my last internals manuals
> query (http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb/2008-07/msg00309.html, not too late
> to speak up :-) ),

Hey, I didn't respond because you didn't ask for any specific decision
there.  All I see in that message (and I just re-read it to refresh my
memory) is that you tell us you are working on a script that would
announce discrepancies between the docs and the code; a very good
initiative, IMO.

> Mechanically, the way I see it working is that running gdbarch.sh
> produces a third file, doc/gdbarch.texi, which is then included in
> doc/gdbint.texinfo. Some gdbint.texinfo bits will migrate into
> gdbarch.sh; I don't think there will be a problem including texinfo
> markup in gdbarch.sh, just need basic @foo{} constructs to get passed
> through. This is going to be more of a background task for me, but I
> wanted to get some agreement on the direction before starting to tinker.

You have my agreement.

Thanks!