Re: gdb and muti threads with recvfrom

Kari Nalli wrote:
Hi,
2008/8/14 Michael Snyder <msnyder@vmware.com>:
Something to do with signals and threads.
I think signals in one thread are not supposed to interrupt
other threads, but I'm not sure (and it may depend on the OS).

Could be that one thread was waiting on a blocking system call,
and another thread took a SIGTRAP from a gdb breakpoint or
something...
There where no breakpoints set in this case, can GDB generate signals
for some reason?

Yes, gdb often sets its own breakpoints without bothering to tell the user. This is how shared library support is implemented, for instance, as well as setjump/longjump support, and potentially others.