Re: Spurious SIGTRAP reported by GDB 6.8 when debugging embedded RTOS application

On Monday 18 August 2008 13:42:05, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 11:20:23AM +0100, Antony KING wrote:
> > Thanks for the explanation. Unfortunately GDB has no influence over the
> > RTOS, it is merely an observer. This means that it cannot change the
> > status of threads or decide which thread is to execute; this is solely
> > under the control of the RTOS.

What is confusing me a bit, is that you claim that this is a new
behaviour in 6.8, coming from 6.7.1.  What was it that changed between
6.7.1 and 6.8?  That is, why did it work in 6.7.1 ?

Note that if the user switches threads when stopped at a breakpoint, and
the user issues "next", gdb will first revert back to the thread that
hit the breakpoint originally, do a single-step to get over the breakpoint,
and then when that finishes, reverts back to the new thread the user had
selected, to proceed with the "next" command.

--
Pedro Alves