Re: how to examine data with compiler optimization option set?

Michael Snyder wrote:

I don't think there is any possibility whatsoever of
somehow generating location codes for the variables in
the example.

It *is* theoretically possible to generate such information, but I agree with Michael that in practice it is too far out of scope to ever happen.

Those values are simply not kept anywhere. GCC will replace them all with the constant, "3".