Re: Some ideas of displaced step function

Pedro Alves wrote:
On Friday 03 October 2008 01:31:54, Michael Snyder wrote:

Why are we using displaced-stepping when we're not async?

s/async/non-stop mode/g. All-stop + async doesn't need it either. This feature was added for non-stop, as a way to avoid lifting breakpoints from the inferior when stepping over a breakpoint, otherwise, other running threads could miss them.

No other reason to have it always on other than for more
exposure, I guess.  Time to pull the plug?

I'd still like to have a way to enable displaced-stepping
in all-stop mode, as it's very useful for testing.

I certainly don't mind 'enable', but maybe it doesn't need to always be enabled by default?