Re: gdb internal functionality

On Fri, 2008-11-07 at 05:21 -0700, EBo wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to know more of GDB internals especially the control flow and
> > functionality for the following gdb commands. For ex. the development
> > environment include gdb on cygwin environment, which is connected to
> > OpenOCD, which inturn connects to ARM target. Any information on this
> > would be very helpful.
> >
> > 1. target remote host:port
> > 2. stepi
> > 3. contrinue
> > 4. break linenum
> > 5. delete bpnum
> > 6. watch expression
> > 7. set/read register value
> > 8. read/write memory
> > 9. quit
> > 10. monitor reset
> >
> > Thanks in Advance
> > Raja Saleru

Hi Raja,

I assume you've looked at the GDB Internals document (in the
distribution or on the website). You'll also find the GDB IRC (#gdb on
irc.freenode.net) very helpful for specific questions.

Michael Snyder has given you some suggestions for the commands you list.
You may also like to look at the guide to porting GDB I wrote earlier
this year.

        http://www.embecosm.com/download/ean3.html

Chapter 2 includes some example procedural flows, which include some of
the commands you list above.

Hope this helps,

Jeremy

--