HOWTO for writing an RSP server

I've just completed writing a RSP server for the OpenRISC 1000
architecture.

I drew on the information in the GDB User Guide, but discovered that the
stubs supplied with the distribution and their instructions are several
years out of date. However by working through the GDB source code and
with assistance from contributors on the GDB IRC channel, I was
successful.

I've written up my experience as a HOWTO for implementing an RSP server.
I hope it will complement the existing documentation. In particular I've
tried to capture how various GDB commands map into a sequence of RSP
packet exchanges. I've used examples from the OpenRISC 1000 as
illustration. It's at:

        http://www.embecosm.com/download/ean4.html

I hope this is a useful contribution. I'd welcome feedback and any
suggestions for how this document could be improved.

Jeremy

--
Tel:      +44 (1202) 416955
Cell:     +44 (7970) 676050