Re: GDB for multiple targets

mark khouzam> [gdb for multiple targets]

michael snyder> We could set up a query as part of the initial
michael snyder> "target remote" handshake. It would be nice
michael snyder> to have a standard agreed-upon before
michael snyder> implementation.

ulrich> Hmm, GDB already detects the target automatically, using the"target description" mechanism.

I am one of the "elfs" that work on OpenOCD (the GDB + JTAG + ARM debug package)

Are you describing additional items in "target.xml" that GDB requests from the remote?

If so - what about other items, such as target endian, cputype (or in arm terms, "arch") and perhaps a flag that indicates the target is "bare metal" and not an operating system based target?

-Duane.