Re: GDB for multiple targets

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 11:34:22AM -0500, Duane Ellis wrote:
> Are you describing additional items in "target.xml" that GDB requests
> from the remote?

Right.

> If so - what about other items, such as target endian, cputype (or in arm
> terms, "arch") and perhaps a flag that indicates the target is "bare
> metal" and not an operating system based target?

We can add pretty much anything there that is useful.  Architecture is
already supported (<architecture>), or is that not sufficient?  The
OSABI setting that Ulrich is referring to covers the bare metal / OS
distinction, too.

Endianness is not currently present but would be an easy addition.
I haven't bothered, because in most cases you have an executable file;
that doesn't tell you the CPU arch, but it does tell you the
endianness.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery