Re: Reconstructing corrupt stacks/patching frame pointers

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 03:16:32PM -0800, Michael Snyder wrote:
I presume this is a core dump from a Free BSD system.

Unfortunately, for the most part, the folks here in the gdb
maintainer group don't play a very active role in maintaining
the bits for gdb on BSD.  Somebody may correct me if I'm wrong...

You may need to approach the Free BSD community for this.

Well, Mark Kettenis does. But the problem is general to all core files; I've seen requests to change the $sp in Linux corefiles too.

It might be possible with a normal elf core file. I know there is a mode that allows gdb to treat a corefile as read-write. Lemme see... here it is: "help set write".

Don't know whether it works for registers...

Don't know whether it works with fbsd kgdb...