Re: Data display syntax

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 04:45:17PM +0100, Frederic RISS wrote:
> This sounds like Duel I think:
> http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/summary?doi=10.1.1.49.3182
>
> But this memory comes from far more that one or two years ago... so it
> may be something else

That's it exactly!  I was thinking of this:

  http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb/2007-11/msg00170.html

"data exploring language" - exploring was the word I couldn't come up
with.  And this fits my memory that there was some copyright/licensing
issue, unfortunately :-(

Am I correct that the copyright issues apply to the implementation,
but not to reading the paper and reimplementing the author's ideas,
should someone wish to?

No, I don't have any plans to do so; and yes, obviously credit would
be given.  Someone asked about displaying a field in every element of
an array on IRC this morning, and that reminded me of the DUEL
discussion.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery