Async mode and setting breakpoints

Hi,

I'm investigating the value of using async mode without non-stop
to decide if I should use it whenever possible for DSF-GDB.

The main advantage I was seeking was to be able to set a breakpoint
while the target was running.  It does not work though.
I'm guessing that while the inferior is running, it is not possible
for GDB to plant the breakpoint (although the bp command is accepted
without complaint).  I guess I still have to interrupt the inferior,
set the bp, and resume, even in async mode?

Thanks

Marc