Re: DWARF register numbering discrepancy on SPARC between GCC and GDB

Joel Brobecker <brobecker@adacore.com> writes:

> However, when I tried to find some kind of official document
> to confirm this numbering, I only found:
>
>     http://wikis.sun.com/display/SunStudio/Dwarf+Register+Numbering
>
> This is a wiki page, so I'm not sure how much we can trust the contents.
> However, it does contradict the numbers above: Apparently DBX expects
> f0-f31 to be numbered 32-63, not 40-71. If that information is correct,
> perhaps Sun changed it since the first implementation in SDB? Does
> anyone have maybe a more affirmative document?

I'd suggest asking on tools-compilers@opensolaris.org where several Sun
compiler developers hang around.  An alternative is the Sun Studio Tools
Forums at

	http://forums.sun.com/forum.jspa?forumID=852

although I find that forum stuff inconvenient to use compared to true
mailing lists.

	Rainer

Rainer Orth, Faculty of Technology, Bielefeld University