Re: regression test coverage for sim/common ?

Laurent GUERBY wrote:
On Mon, 2009-03-09 at 18:30 -0400, Joern Rennecke wrote:
I have a patch that speeds up simulator startup for simulators that
use code in sim/common to create a new simulator instance.

Instead of xmalloc / memset I use xcalloc to obtain zeroed memory;
on operating systems like a recent glibc/Linux system, this allows
the pages to me faultyed in as if they had been mmapped.

What would be a suitable simulator target for a regression test?

I'm cc-ing Joel Sherrill, he has setup GCC tests for lots *-rtems targets for GCC and those use heavily GDB simulators. His testing process builds binutils, GDB and other stuff completely from source (I believe his test framework is even commited and documented somewhere, in addition to running on the compile farm :).

It looks like the m32r would be a good target.
Sincerely,

Laurent

  Support Available             (256) 722-9985