Re: Beside sign FSF copyright paper, is there anything else I need to do to become a target maintainer?

Hello Joel,

I agree with what you said, but a lot of things are out of my control.

Anyway, I'll review my patches again and submit them late.

Thank you for your time,

Don

Joel Brobecker <brobecker@adacore.com>
2009-03-17 23:39

don.lee@sunplusct.com
cc
gdb@sourceware.org
Subject
Re: Beside sign FSF copyright paper, is there anything else I need      to
do to  become a target maintainer?

Hi Don,

> The S+core team of our company has ported GDB to S+core target and
> we have a maintainer for it. But now we want to add a new maintainer,
> Don Lee <don.lee@sunplusct.com>, for it. So I send a assign request
> to FSF.

I'm only a Junior Global Maintainer, so more experience maintainers
may have a different opinion than mine.

I am not opposed to your nomination as a maintainer of the S+core
target, but I would personally prefer to wait a little so that you
have an opportunity to show us that you are proficient in GDB's
coding style and submission methods. In the meantime, you already
have a maintainer within your company, so I'm totally fine with you
comitting patches if they were privately approved by your coworker
(just remember to mention it), provided of course that they only
affect Score.

--
Joel