Re: gdb 7.0: 5 weeks to branch-time...

>>>>> "Joel" == Joel Brobecker <brobecker@adacore.com> writes:

Joel>   * Python: Pretty printing
Joel>     Done?

The feature itself is largely complete.  We have two known issues:

1. Pretty-printing base classes in C++.  Phil is putting the finishing
touches on the fix for this now.

2. Changing some internals to allow printing of strings with embedded
NUL characters.

I'm in the process now of prepping the patches for submission.
Phil's patch might make it into these, or might be a follow-up patch.
The second item should be fixed in the near future.

Joel>   * Python: Support for new parameters and/or convenience functions
Joel>     (?) I forgot what this means :-(

Convenience functions are in.  Parameters aren't, but I suppose they
could be submitted.

Convenience functions let users write new functions in Python.  They
are represented as convenience variables of a special internal type.

New parameters just means being able to add new "set/show" commands
from Python.

Another nice-to-have is SÃrgio's "catch syscall" patch.  It seems to
be very close to completion.

Tom