RE: GDB support for 'Run to Line'

> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to figure out if GDB has support for the 'Run to Line' feature
> > of Eclipse, where the user selects a line and the inferior resumes until
> > that  line.
> >
> > GDB's 'until' does not seem to be the right choice since it only stops
> > if the location is in the same frame.
> >
> > GDB's 'advance' is better, but it stops if the current frame exists.
>
> Isn't this just tbreak + continue?

Problem is that if another breakpoint is hit first, this temporary one
will remain and will hit later, unexpectedly to the user.  I would have to remove
that temp bp myself in that case.

Of course, one way to do run to line is to disable all other bps until that line is reached.
This is a preference in Eclipse, so I have to support both ways.
Now, with non-stop, I don't think disabling all bps (even for a short while) is a good
idea anymore.  I would need to disable all bps for a particular thread only.  I don't think
GDB allows me to do this.  This was doing to be a future question of mine on the list :-)

But if tbreak + continue + cleanup is my best option, that is what I'll look into.

Thanks

Marc