Re: back trace issue

Nagaraju,

> I identified the function init_extraframe_info [..]-tdep.c file. I
> made  frame_info **prev* to point to previous frame and it is
> displaying all  the frame.....  but it is working only when we start
> the program from main (i.e when we  break at main)...  suppose if we
> break at some function XYZ called by main then it is not  working...
> Is there any other file where we should provide this *prev*
> information......

It's hard to help you with so little information. But the bad news
is that I'm going to be either extremely busy or even unavailable
in the next few weeks. Hopefully someone else might have some leads
for you.

In the meantime, what you can do to learn more about how things work
in GDB is, if you have access to a cheap GNU/Linux machine, or even
a Windows machine, is debug GDB with itself while GDB is computing
a backtrace. It starts at get_prev_frame... You could compare what
the working implementation does with what your implementation does,
and see where things start breaking down on your side.

--
Joel