Re: update on the gdb-7.0 branch/release

Joel Brobecker wrote:
So what's the current consensus about an approximate dates for the
GDB 7.0 branch and release?

I'm not really sure. I definitely have some time in July to create
the release if we're ready, but we might not be. After that, it'll
probably have to be in September. It's hard to be more accurate,
as it's all based on volunteer efforts.
July allows time to get in most or all of multiprocess, plus a bunch of tracepoint work I've been piling up as local patches. We can revisit the question on 1 July or so, see where things are at. I don't think we want to go later than September in any case, that makes 1.5 years since 6.8, which still seems reasonable albeit longish for a major release number.

Although we're volunteers, we also have employers we can push back on - "if 7.0 doesn't happen by September, it will be the end of the world and everybody will switch to, uh, Visual Studio". :-)

Stan