gdb list conventions: how much to quote

Joel kindly reminded me that one camp on email etiquette is to greatly
reduce the bit one is replying to.  I haven't been doing that, and
could I fix that.

I've also had the opposite request when I was cutting down the
quotage(?) (not from this list) so I let the pendulum swing the other
way.  Can't please everyone :-).

There's no need to reply to this message, unless you want to.  I only
bring it up as it seems like as good a time as any to ask if maybe
this is something that should be covered in the wiki?  Each group has
its own rules (top-vs-bottom-posting anyone? heh).  [I did a brief
search to check if something like this was already there.]