Re: Q: GDB - Threads

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 03:42, Paul Pluzhnikov <ppluzhnikov@google.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 11:34 AM, Paul Pluzhnikov <ppluzhnikov@google.com> wrote:
>
>> I guess then OP needs to verify that GDB is loading symbols from expected
>> libpthread ("set verbose on" should show that), and that gdbserver on target
>> is loading expected libthread_db ("ldd gdbserver" on target should show
>> that).
>
> Oh, and one very common mistake is to strip libpthread before it is uploaded
> to target. Make sure libpthread *on target* has not been stripped. In
> particular, it should have some local *_version symbol.

I remember in remote debug, libpthread striped or not is not very important.

Noel, you are use remote debug right? If so, I suggest:
1. Make sure you gdbserver in target link with libthread_db is OK.
You can check it with ldd.
2. Make sure you gdb in host use right lib.
Sometime, the host and target use different lib.  If so, you need copy
the lib in target to host, and then you can use command "set
solib-search-path" or "set sysroot" in gdb to let gdb load right lib.
And you need make sure libpthread that gdb load (in host) is not striped.

Thanks,
Hui