Re: Registering pretty-printers

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 12:43:12PM -0400, Doug Evans wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 8:51 PM, Daniel Jacobowitz<drow@false.org> wrote:
> > In my opinion, anything that increases the size of the executable is a
> > non-starter. ?I don't think there's any reliable way to create a
> > non-allocatable section, and it would have other problems, like
> > duplicate elimination.
>
> Reliable in what sense?  [I realize the term is pretty unambiguous.
> I'm guessing I'm missing something as it doesn't seem to be
> excessively hard for many important targets.]  Or did you mean
> portable?

Poor choice of word.  Same thing Vladimir was talking about, though,
in essence.  I don't want the only decent solution to be one that
requires pushing new tools out.  Fedora can do that; maybe Google can
too, I don't know anything about your development environments.  But
plenty of other places can't.

I think Vladimir's got a solid point - we need a way to just point the
debugger at files and have them go.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery