Re: Registering pretty-printers

>>>>> "Daniel" == Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org> writes:

Paul> Perhaps my proposal for ".gdb_py" section here:
Paul> http://sourceware.org/ml/archer/2008-q4/msg00162.html
Paul> deserves another look?

Daniel> In my opinion, anything that increases the size of the
Daniel> executable is a non-starter.

In addition to this, I think there are a few other problems with this
approach.

First, this requires a gcc update in order to work.  Also, it means a
vendor-specific compiler extension in order for the feature to work.
This makes one of Vladimir's problems worse.

Some languages (Java at least) don't have pragmas.  (This problem is
not as severe, since you could mix in a C++ CU.)

This approach means recompiling your source whenever you want to
update the printers.  This seems to defeat one of the nicest qualities
of using a scripting language.

Tom