Re: -stack-list-locals and children

On Monday 29 June 2009 10:59:06 Vladimir Prus wrote:
> As I mention in other email, getting the number of children is in general
> impossible. Maybe, "has_children" flag would be more appropriate -- this
> is somewhat more likely to be computable.

And sufficient for that use case. So yes, that would be fine.

> I am not sure it was you, but there was an IRC discussion about making
> -stack-list-locals also print type of things -- can you describe exactly
> how you gonna use that information, so that I have a chance to implement
> that properly?

One point was always to reduce the number of roundtrips before
being able to display the variable view. I think that's a valid point
also from a KDevelop angle of view.

> One important question is whether knowing a type of expression, without
> knowing its address, is gonna help you very much.

Yes, as the address is not as prominently displayed in the view as the
type having the type quickly even without an address would help.

Andre'