Re: Some issue with reverse testsuite

Hui Zhu wrote:
Hi Michael,

I try the reverse testsuite in cvs-head, what I got is:

[...]

It looks like gdb do nothing. Are you sure it works OK?

You need to use a board description file to enable them. Oh damn -- I don't know where this stuff is documented.

Guys -- how do we usually initiate a new maintainer into
the mysteries of dejagnu?

Hui -- let me tell you the easy (and wrong) way to do it,
just to avoid complexity.  Copy the attached file into
/usr/share/dejagnu/baseboards (you'll need to be root).

Then add "--target_board=precord" to your RUNTESTFLAGS,
eg. like this:

make check RUNTESTFLAGS="step-reverse.exp --target_board=precord"

# Testing programs using process record/replay (precord)

load_base_board_description "unix"

set_board_info gdb,can_reverse 1
set_board_info gdb,use_precord 1