Re: What about check the bfd_arch_info before load the solib?

Hui Zhu wrote:
Hi guys,

In cross-compile remote debug environment, the gdb will load the solib
of local host if user doesn't set sysroot or something.
Load the wrong lib will make gdb get error.

I think maybe we can add some check code to check if the bfd_arch_info
of this solib is same with the current_gdbarch before load this solib
in.
If not same, output a warning to let user set gdb to load right lib.

What do you think about it?

It would certainly be reasonable to reject an object file (eg. shlib) if it has the wrong architecture type. I'm surprised that we don't already do it.