Re: Removing -Wunused warnings

>>>>> "Phil" == Philip Lee (IDEAS) <Phil.Lee@morganstanley.com> writes:

Phil> I thought I'd see if I can remove at least some of the 'unused
Phil> variable' warnings generated when compiling with -Wunused.  I haven't
Phil> committed any code before and I figure that's a good way to figure out
Phil> the build system and code layout.

Sounds good.

Phil> I've had a read of the CONTRIBUTING page, but if someone could ping me
Phil> as to whether it's better to submit one patch or a series of them and
Phil> anything else I'm likely to get wrong I'd appreciate it.

Bigger patches are harder to review.  So, you're likely to get a
response more quickly to smaller patches.

Do you have your copyright assignment in place?  If not, contact me
and I will get you started.  It is good to get this out of the way
early.

The usual stuff people get wrong is formatting nits -- read the GNU
coding standards, especially the stuff about formatting C and the
stuff about writing ChangeLog entries.

Tom