Re: Problem with "watch" on a new port.

On Thursday 02 July 2009 Florent DEFAY wrote:

> Thank you.
>
> >This suggest you did not define, or improperly defined, the
> >to_stopped_by_watchpoint or to_stopped_data_address or
> >to_watchpoint_address_withing_range target methods.
>
> I take inspiration from or1k and I do not find these target methods implemented.

I don't know what is or1k.

> I found them nowhere but in i386 arch, in i386-nat.c.

There's ppc_linux_stopped_by_watchpoint as well...

> I do not understand the link between i386-nat.c and the t-dep file.
> For my arch, I implemented a t-dep only. How to add a nat? Is it
> really necessary?

How are you debugging? Using remote connection? In that case, those methods
are not necessary, but your remote side should handle watchpoints per gdb
serial protocol docs. If you are gonna debug the program that is run on
the same system where GDB, you need to implement the methods I have mentioned.

> >> and assignment of results_16[0] not detected.
> >
> >Is this variable actually modified *before* the execution leaves
> >the current scope?
>
> Yes it is.

Then, I can only guess that something outside gdb fails to notice the
watchpoint.

- Volodya