Re: [RFC] Queries and frontends

Nick Roberts wrote:

Here's a revised patch for my original request.  It doesn't help with issues
relating to GDB/MI but just uses the "server prefix" instead of a special
option.  I have used this trick previously (2007-07-10) to avoid setting the
convenience variable $_ with breakpoints.  This seems appropriate as I think
the "server" command was created many years ago by Tom Lord or Jim Kingdon for
use with annotations.  I could add a suitable note to the documentation.

Kingdon, 1994: Not terribly well documented.

Mon Apr 11 10:44:35 1994 Jim Kingdon (kingdon@deneb.cygnus.com)

        * main.c (main): Accept --annotate=N option and make --fullname
        the same as --annotate=1.
        (command_line_input): Print annotatation before and after prompt.
        * blockframe.c (flush_cached_frames): Print annotation.
        * Rename frame_file_full_name to annotation_level and move it from
        symtab.h to defs.h.
        * source.c (identify_source_line): If annotation_level > 1,
        change output format.
        * breakpoint.c: Print annotation whenever a breakpoint changes.
        * main.c: New variable server_command.
        (command_line_input): Parse "server " and set server_command.
        (dont_repeat): Check server_command.