RE: Reverse debugging

If I understand correctly your point is that using GDB to handle
readline behavior will lockup the GDB-frontend communication and will
delay any MI notifications.  If that is what you meant, then I wasnted
to bring up the fact that such a problem is occuring now with
scripting (with the 'define' command).

If a user uses the 'define' command in the eclipse console, GDB is now
locked listening on the secondary prompt ('>').  If any MI commands
happened to be sent to GDB during that time, they get swallowed and
Eclipse gets all messed up.

I was considering handling the secondary prompt within eclipse and then
sending all those sub commands to GDB at once.  To do this, I was
wondering a couple of things:

- is there anyway that something type at the secondary prompt
  can cause a failure?  What I mean is: is it true that
  except for ^C and 'end', anything will be accepted at the
  secondary prompt, and the next line will be a new secondary
  prompt.

- can I 'undefine' a user command?

- are there many commands that trigger the secondary prompt?
  I am aware of 'define' and 'actions'

Thanks

Marc