Trying to spot memory corruption with core dump

Folks, could you please share any tips on spotting possible memory
corruption by examining the core dump?

My application seg. faults every several hours under moderate load and
the core dump points to malloc/calloc which I believe is a sign I have
a serious memory corruption somewhere in my application. The problem
is the fact I can not trace the problematic place in the code and I
wonder if the core dump can give me some more clues.

Somebody told me I could examine +-200 bytes of the memory where the
last exception happened but I don't really understand what I can find
there. For me it's just the raw amount of bytes...

Thanks in advance.

--
Best regards, Pavel