mourning the inferiour error

Hi,

I have been debugging using a simulator external to
gdb.  If you <ctl>-c the simulator first and then
quit gdb, you reliably get this.  I understand that
if you were debugging natively or with a simulator
internal to gdb, this would be a VERY bad thing to
happen.  But since the target is external, this
scenario is somewhat expected.  This is certainly
not a case where one wants a gdb core dump.

Is there anyway to know the target is external to
gdb and the connection went away? Then this
scenario could be dealt with a little more
gracefully.

(gdb) q
The program is running.  Quit anyway (and kill it)? (y or n) y
Remote connection closed

../../gdb-6.8.50.20090629/gdb/target.c:2094: internal-error: could not find a target to follow mourn inferiour
A problem internal to GDB has been detected,
further debugging may prove unreliable.
Quit this debugging session? (y or n) y

../../gdb-6.8.50.20090629/gdb/target.c:2094: internal-error: could not find a target to follow mourn inferiour
A problem internal to GDB has been detected,
further debugging may prove unreliable.
Create a core file of GDB? (y or n) n

  Support Available             (256) 722-9985