Re: [gdb-7.0 release] 2009-09-02 status and proposed plan

  Is there any chance that x86_64-apple-darwin10 could be added
to the supported targets? The current gdb cvs builds on that
target, but can't debug binaries...

http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb/2009-08/msg00270.html

This would be helpful because it is unclear how much backward
compatibility there will be from the new VTA generated debug
code in gcc 4.5 with older versions of gdb. The gdb 7.0 release
is being recommended because any hacks added to gcc to work
around bugs in previous gdb releases may not be reintroduced
in gcc-4.5 after the VTA merge.
                    Jack