Re: powerpc port question

Mark Kettenis wrote:
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 21:14:43 +0200
From: Andreas Tobler <andreast-list@fgznet.ch>

But now I hunt for this:
with my built gdb 'show endian' shows this:

(gdb) show endian
The target is assumed to be big endian

On my linuxppc machine I see this:

(gdb) show endian
The target endianness is set automatically (currently big endian)

The reason I'm not satisfied is, that inside the testsuite it looks exactly for the automatically set endianness string. (altivec tests).

I still wonder what my port lacks to spit out the same message as powerpc linux does?

I get the same message on OpenBSD that you're seeing on Linux. And I don't think I do something special on OpenBSD to get that behaviour. The problem may very well lie in how you've configured BFD.

Hm, I did nothing special there:

[wolfram:~/gdb-6.6-build] andreast% ./config.status --recheck
/home/andreast/gdb-6.6/configure --prefix=/home/andreast/gdb/testbin --disable-nls --with-libiconv-prefix=/usr/local

May I miss some stuff for fbsd in bfd?

The build itself is done outside the source-tree.

Thanks!
Andreas