Re: gdb.git hiccup

On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 4:09 AM, Frank Ch. Eigler <fche@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi -
>
> On Sun, Oct 04, 2009 at 08:51:32AM +0200, Jim Meyering wrote:
>> [...]
>> But when I tried to diagnose it, I discovered that there are unreadable
>> temporary pack files owned by from back in February that prevent a local clone.
>>
>> ? sourceware$ cd /git/archer.git/objects; ls -l tmp*
>> ? -rw------- ?1 rmoseley archer ?368640 Feb ?9 ?2009 tmp_pack_hMUtoO
>> ? -rw------- ?1 rmoseley archer ?876544 Feb ?9 ?2009 tmp_pack_jmBcho
>> ? -rw------- ?1 rmoseley archer 1007616 Feb ?9 ?2009 tmp_pack_zbwx0m
>> [...]
>
> These have been zapped.

unfortunately it still isn't working, I think here is what happened

http://sources.redhat.com/git/gitweb.cgi?p=gdb.git;a=commitdiff;h=d1ea5a6d98

from this email (about the win32-termcap.c -> windows-termcap.c rename)

http://sourceware.org/ml/archer/2009-q1/msg00349.html

If archer.git was cloned using --reference or --shared pointing to the
gdb.git repository the archer.git
repository is probably referencing that commit which is no longer
contained in the gdb.git

also, gdb.git currently is missing the windows-termcap.c file, so
wouldn't build on windows

(so we need to make sure the releases are made from cvs not git atm,
just mention this since Joel mentions he's been using git).