Re: A strange gcc behavior, and an argument against -Wno-unused

On Saturday 10 October 2009 19:39:24, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> Thanks, that's old enough to be useful for most, if not all, of those
> who build GDB.

To be clear, FRT:  I don't think it really matters which version
a "positive" -W warning switch went in (-Wno-* switches matter,
because otherwise we wouldn't be silencing a build breaking
warning on older gcc's we may care about).  Even if a switch is
found only on more recent gcc's, if it uncovers bugs, it's
useful.  People using older gcc's just don't get the new
warnings, as gdb's build system takes care of confirming the
switch works at all before using it.

--
Pedro Alves