Re: Bugzilla

 > Sending it to gdb-patches will not make more people pay attention to
 > it, just irritate more people who have to work harder to delete it.

Actually, I think it would initially probably do both.  Messages on
gdb-patches certainly get more attention than bug reports.

 > Those of us with time and patience to deal with the bugzilla traffic
 > already get it from gdb-prs (which is a Bugzilla-only list; you can't
 > post to it, only Bugzilla can; reply to the Bugzilla address).

If bug reports were cc'ed to a mailing list which you already are subscribed
to then presumably you could unsubscribe from gdb-prs so that you still only
receive each bug report once.

 > If we need more people working on the bug system, that's a people
 > problem, not a list configuration problem.

I disagree.  In part it is a configuration problem because the ideal outcome
of a bug report is a patch.  Currently to get attention this requires
cross-posting to gdb-patches which I think is more irritating because
unsubscribing from gdb-prs would result in missing or incomplete bug reports.

In any case, I've unsubscribed from gdb-prs now as I've found it to be a waste
of my time and I won't be submitting any more patches for bugs reported there.

--
Nick                                           http://users.snap.net.nz/~nickrob