Status of -symbol-type MI command?

Hi,

I'm the maintainer of a tool for inspecting parallel programs
(MPI/Beowulf type batch processing) which amongst other things is built
on top of gdb.

I use the MI interface to interact with gdb which by and large works
well.  I've recently been trying to tighten integration and have
discovered that the -symbol-type command doesn't seem to exist, it's
referenced in old copies of the documentation however appears to have
been dropped.  The corresponding ptype command does work however.  Can
anybody tell me what command supersedes it and how I should access the
information?

Locally I'm testing with 7.0-debian and 6.6-45.fc8rh however I don't
have control over what version my users run with.

Ashley,

--

Ashley Pittman, Bath, UK.

http://padb.pittman.org.uk