Re: Breakpoint commands

A Saturday 24 October 2009 15:12:41, Eli Zaretskii escreveu:
> Some commands seem to be not working inside breakpoint commands, in
> the sense that breakpoint commands after them are not executed.
>
> Two examples that I tried were `finish' and `until'.  What I wanted
> was to stop at function entry, print some variable, then let the
> function run to completion, and print some other (global) variable
> that gets modified by this function.  The breakpoint commands
> therefore were something like
>
>   break FOO
>   commands
>   >print BAR
>   >finish
>   >print BAZ
>   >end
>
> and similarly with `until' instead of `finish'; I used the last line
> of the function's body for its argument.
>
> What I see is that the second `print' is never executed.  Sounds like
> a bug to me.  Or did I miss something?

From gdb.texinfo:'Break Commands':

"You can use breakpoint commands to start your program up again.  Simply
use the @code{continue} command, or @code{step}, or any other command
that resumes execution.

Any other commands in the command list, after a command that resumes
execution, are ignored.  This is because any time you resume execution
(even with a simple @code{next} or @code{step}), you may encounter
another breakpoint---which could have its own command list, leading to
ambiguities about which list to execute."

--
Pedro Alves