Python pretty printers and dynamic cast

Hi all,

I have the following situation: I have an interface type (a class with pure virtual methods only, no data members), and an actual implementation type (having the actual data members). The interface type is used in all public interfaces, but the only implementation of it is the one implementation type.

Is there any way for a python pretty printer to do (or 'mimic') a dynamic cast, such that I can show the members of the implementation type where ever I have the interface type?

Jens.